10 reasons to study at Unimore, the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- UNIMORE has a longstanding tradition (it was founded in 1175) and is considered one of the best universities in Italy for teaching and research. It is ranked 2nd among public universities according to Italy's leading financial daily, and among the top 8 medium-sized Italian universities by the Times Higher Education Ranking 2011-2012.
- UNIMORE, which has just over 19,000 students including 3,500 postgraduates, is large enough to offer all the facilities one would expect from a major university (well-stocked libraries, computer rooms, free internet connection and study support services) but small enough to retain a personal and friendly learning environment.
- UNIMORE is composed of 14 Departments, offering a wide range of degree programmes at undergraduate level, right up to doctoral studies in most disciplinary areas, from the humanities and social sciences to engineering and technology, and from physical and natural sciences to medicine and life sciences.
- UNIMORE is ranked among the top 8 universities in Italy for its high level of research, according to the most recent independent research assessment sponsored by the Italian Government (MIUR-CIVR). It offers state-of-the-art facilities with internationally sponsored research activities and with the two technopoles of Modena and Reggio Emilia, UNIMORE is part of the High Technology Regional Network.
- UNIMORE has over 300 international exchange agreements and cooperation programs to encourage students to actively interact in a globalized world. It is located in two of the most multicultural cities in Italy and 6% of the student body is non-Italian. The University offers numerous facilities and services designed specifically for its international students.
- UNIMORE offers a modern and efficient University Language Centre where intensive and extensive Italian Language classes are available free of charge to all international students. Personalized language assistance is also offered through the three University Self-Access Centers, which provide comprehensive independent study facilities (satellite television, multimedia computers, CALL facilities, electronic resources, e-journals, etc.) and where experienced tutors are available for individualized language support.
- UNIMORE is located in the heart of one of Europe's wealthiest and most dynamic regions, which is world-renowned for its production of mechanical parts, engines, sports cars (e.g. Ferrari and Maserati) as well as for its agro-food sector, ceramic tiles and manufacturing industries.
- UNIMORE benefits from a longstanding relationship with the area's firms and corporations, which provide private support for university research and a unique opportunity for on-the-job training before graduation. Statistics show that graduates from the University have excellent job prospects, well above the national average.
- UNIMORE is located in two cities with the highest quality of living standards in Italy. Both Modena and Reggio Emilia are considered important cities of art and culture, and Modena's cathedral and main square are on the list of UNESCO's World Heritage sites.
- UNIMORE is ideally located between Italy's Eastern and Western coasts on the Mediterranean sea and between the Apennine and Dolomite mountains. The University is surrounded by other world-renowned cities of art and culture. The cities of Parma, Verona, Mantua, Padua and Bologna can be reached in under an hour, while Florence, Venice and Milan are less than two hours away. Both cities are situated close to major highways and train lines and Bologna International Airport is only 40 minutes away.