University Government Bodies
Definitions and duties of the Institutional Bodies (taken from the University Statute)
prof. Angelo Oreste Andrisano
In office from the 2013/2014 academic year.
He heads the Academic Senate and the Board of Directors and is the legal representative of the University.
He monitors the efficiency of the University facilities and services and ensures the teaching and research
independence of the teaching staff as well as exercising disciplinary authority over staff and students.
for Modena: Prof. Sergio Ferrari
for Reggio Emilia: Prof. Riccardo Ferretti
- Rector Delegates
List of Delegates
- Academic Senate
It plans all of the teaching and research activities for the University and oversees all institutional development projects.
The Board is formed by the Rector, the deans and the representatives for each of the disciplinary areas, 3 department heads and 4 student representatives.
View the Senate membership
- Board of Administrators
- It is responsible for the University's finances and administration and includes the Rector, representatives of students, teaching and technical-administrative staff, and representatives of the finance and production offices of the local authorities
View the Board membership
- Department's Directors
- View the list of Directors
- Director General
- Dott. Stefano Ronchetti
He is the head of the central offices. He directs and supervises the technical-administrative staff. The post of Director General is assigned by the Board of Directors on the recommendation of the Rector.
Consultative bodies with power of proposal
- Student Council
- It includes 14 elective members, at least one per Departments, elected by the students and 8 ex officio members. It ensures the participation of students in the University organization. It expresses opinions on matters related to the organization and development of teaching, student services, student fees, and the right to study.
View more information on the Student Council.
- Technical-Administrative Staff Committee
- It consists of 31 members elected by the technical-administrative staff. It makes proposals for optimizing administrative procedures and staff management. It expresses opinions on matters related to staff: permanent employees, staff training, three-year development plans concerning administrative and service organization.
- Board of Auditors
- It consists of 5 members appointed by the Academic Senate: one chosen from the Register of Official Auditors, two members considered renowned experts in the field, one appointed by the Italian Ministry of Economics and Finances and the other appointed by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
Other Bodies and Committees
- University Evaluation Body
- Collective body made up of 7 members, at least two of whom are appointed as experts from the field of evaluation. This body looks after the internal evaluation of administrative management, of research and teaching activities, and of interventions to support the right to study. Through comparative analyses of expenses and returns, it also oversees the appropriate use of public resources, research and teaching productivity, the impartiality and performance of the administrative activities.
View more information on the Evaluation Body
- Equal Opportunities Committee
- This Committee was established in order to enhance equal opportunities within the University and to promote all the provisions made under Act 125/91 and Legislative Decree 29/93 and their subsequent amendments and integrations.
View more information on the Equal Opportunities Committee
- Mobbing Joint Committee
- The committee was appointed in June 2005 in accordance with article No 20 of the National Work Collective Agreement.
View more information on the Mobbing Joint Committee
- Employees Safety and Security Representatives
- The representatives are elected by University staff and take office for 3 years. They represent the employees on issues concerning their safety and security at work.
View more information on the Employees Safety and Security Representatives.