The Library System at UNIMORE has 10 branches in Modena and Reggio Emilia and offers an expanding collection of print and electronic materials. It services the needs of all University departments, and holds over one million printed documents, extensive runs of journal literature and e-journals, a wide range of electronic resources, and prestigious collections of rare books.
As the university's main center for information retrieval, the Library System gives support to teaching and research programs through excellent digital cooperative reference facilities, library and information literacy instruction, bibliographical consultancy, online compilations of bibliographical guides, overseas document delivery supplying services, online searching, and a dynamic web portal, to mention just a few.
Services in UNIMORE libraries include:
- OPAC searches in the university libraries and the network of public Libraries in Modena. OPAC also permits access to customized online services (e.g., reservations, loan requests, purchase suggestions), www.biblioMO.it;
- assistance in bibliographic searches, also available through the online reference service known as Ask to a librarian (Chiedi al bibliotecario);
- document retrieval and book loans through our local lending service as well as through interlibrary loan (ILL) and document delivery (DD) services for materials not available in the university’s libraries;
- wireless connection for laptops and other portable devices;
- a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection facility to enable students and staff to remotely access resources and services on the campus network from home;
- computer rooms, study rooms and seminar rooms;
- extended evening and weekend opening hours.
The network of public libraries in Modena has 20 branches with designated areas where you can read, study and do research. The main branch, the "Delfini" Library, also offers an extensive program of events.
The library system of Reggio Emilia is known for its excellence and is rated one of the best in the country. Its main branch is the "Panizzi" Library and there are various city branches, which offer an extensive collection of books and audiovisual materials.